Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's a Boy!

We've known for four days now that Baby 2015 is a boy!  Everyone really wanted a boy, just to bring balance to the gender count.  When the ultrasonographer saw Baby's gender, she said, "Well, it looks like the teams are starting to even up."  I said, "WHAT?" and she said, "It's a boy!"  I didn't quite believe her, so she showed me again.  She also said she would be very surprised if she made a mistake.

I knew Mark would be ecstatic, so I had to come up with a good way to surprise him.  He had been expecting another girl and the odds really were in a girl's favor.   I stopped at Target to buy some little blue onesies to put in a gift bag with the pictures.  When we found out Daniel was a boy, I put the pictures in a "Congratulations on your Baby Boy" card which I put inside a pink envelope.  Mark at first thought we were having a girl, but was super surprised to find the boy pictures inside.  I was hoping to do something similar this time too!


Mark had to work all day Wednesday, so I had to call my mom at the last minute to watch the rest of the kids.  But when Mark got to the meeting spot, he noticed there were no other district biologists in the meeting.  When they asked what he was doing there, he realized that he didn't actually have to be at this meeting.  Trying to make a bad situation good, he tried to access the network with his computer so he could get some work done.  When he couldn't do that, he decided that he would try one more time to salvage his work day: he called a coworker to do a survey, but found out the survey had been completed the day before! So there he was with no work to do and close enough to where I was getting the ultrasound that we could meet for coffee.

When I pulled into the parking lot and saw that I was going to get a spot right next to Mark, I started grinning.  I couldn't help it; he was going to be so surprised! But when he looked at me, I had to quickly rearrange my face into what I thought was a sympathetic look.  Mark quickly walked around to my side of the car and hugged me and said, "It's okay, I'm here to support you."  He totally fell for my "sad" face and thought it was a girl (and just for the record, I would have been very happy with a girl-it was everyone else that wanted a boy).  When he opened the gift bag and saw the blue onesies, you better believe we jumped and hugged and cried for joy, right there in the middle of the parking lot!

This little guy is already so incredibly active.  These four youngest are certainly going to give me a run for my money!