Monday, June 15, 2015

Daily Daniel

Yesterday, Daniel asked if he could pour out all the blocks on the ground so he could play with them.  I told him that as long as he picks them up when he is done, it is fine with me.  When I noticed he was done playing and asked him to pick them up, he said no because he "didn't promise he would pick them up."  Doesn't matter if you promise or not. You said you would pick them up and pick them up you shall.  This morning I noticed they still weren't picked up and I asked him, again, to pick them up.  He once again told me he never promised to pick them up, so he wasn't going to.  After a quick swat to the back of his leg, he picked them up.


Today is our PE day at the YMCA.  Heidi has been sitting on the potty for a few days, so I mentioned mostly to myself that it was time to stop at Target and get her a potty seat and start potty training her.  Since the parking lots are 90 degrees today, I decided to just come straight home and skip the trip.  Daniel did not like this at all and said I needed to be spanked.  He insisted that since I said I was going to stop at Target, I had to even if I didn't promise that I would.  Okay, that made sense to me.
   "But Daniel, you and I are not the same." 
   "I guess you aren't human then."
   "You're right. I'm a robot."
   "What about when you were a kid?"
   "I was never a kid.  I was built in a factory and then I was given you children to raise.  You are orphans. Don't you remember your real mom? The one that is in jail?" (Ian told him once that his real mom was in jail and they were all taken from her and given to me)
   "Well, let's go get her then!"
   "Access denied."

I can't remember what happened next in the conversation, but I do know that I was suddenly interested to see a new traffic camera installed over the Purdy bridge.  I wonder why they put one there? Squirrel!