Sunday, October 1, 2017

Scorpions and Megadeth Concert


Mark and I haven't left the house alone together in almost six years.  THIS was the last time. That was back when Ami and Laura could come watch their younger siblings.  Now we have Ian and Genevieve (Shane was on a sailing trip).  Jason didn't make it easy for me thought.  In case you can't understand him in the video, he is saying, "Don't leave me!"

Last summer Mark bought concert tickets! Thinking about going to a rock concert gave us both anxiety.  He was worried about being late and navigating parking/seat finding.  I was worried about being boxed in by old pot-smoking rockers and getting trampled and maybe even lost!

Our first stop was dinner out:

 ...out as in a quick stop at the grocery store for healthy chips and Lara bars.  Nope, Mark will not sway from his healthy eating for a once in a lifetime opportunity.  I had a sandwich. With bacon.

Parking was easy, finding our spots was easy, and waiting for the concert to start was fun.  There were so many people to watch!  So many old rockers!

We were in the last row as far as you can get from the stage and there was no one next to us, no one behind us, and barely anyone around us.  We didn't even have to stand.  That made my night.


Megadeth isn't my favorite band (ahem).  They were loud.  The people were pretty well-behaved.  I guess when you are an old rocker, you are up past your bedtime and don't have the energy to cause trouble.  But I loved the Scorpions!  They played most of my favorite songs.


And now that we've done this once, we can probably do it again!