Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tomato Staked!

Child #4 is now officially tomato staked! This is a discipline method that I have read about on message boards that got my interest... Basically, you keep your child with you at all times. The parent is the stake, the child is the growing tomato plant. To keep your tomato plant from falling over and producing rotten fruit, you stake it. My 4th little plant has been falling over lately, so I got out the twist ties and got to work! He will be released eventually. When I can trust him. Like the day he gets married and he is no longer my problem. Here is a list of his offenses in the past 48 hours:
  • stealing cookies after I said no more
  • lying about stealing those cookies
  • removing his cars from their time-out spot without asking, which involved climging to the top of the entertainment center
  • taking a sharp, dangerous empty can of peaches and sneaking downstairs to examine exactly how sharp the edges of a can can be-after I told him not to touch
  • leaving two rolls of toilet paper in the bathtub (one per day) and soaking them so I had to throw them out
  • running the water in the bathroom for so long I got suspicious
  • misbehaving in Taekwondo
  • misbehaving at the dentist
  • hitting his sister for looking at his cars
  • using potty talk, many times
Since he has been staked (for the last two hours), he has eaten his entire lunch without forgetting what he was doing and wandering off, he helped me clean out the entire refrigerator, and kissed the baby sister. I think he likes being staked.