Sunday, November 1, 2009

First Halloween Here

For the last five years I have spent Halloween with my dear friend and her kids. Change is hard, especially for me, so I tried to have fun...

We ran a booth for the Cub Scouts at the local community celebration instead of driving long distances to find a neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Our family donated a total of 15 hours of community service for the Cub Scouts! Even E worked by scooping out pumpkins and cutting out lily pads for the frog pond game.

Here are the kids in costume (Batman, Snow leopard, Unicorn, and Jedi):This little one won the Cute Costume award (although she isn't as cute with chocolate around her mouth): The handsome fella behind her won the Best Husband award (from me) because he ran the game booth for the entire hour we were there!

She wants to bite your candy! I don't feel bad at all that the kids didn't get to go trick-or-treating and gets tons of candy. Because they got tons of candy just for working. At the very end of the celebration we were cleaning up the booths. The lady in charge took all the bins of candy and dumped them on the floor for the kids to pick up. S came home with a bag literally bulging with candy. And mean mom that I am, they are working hard to earn the right to eat their candy by cleaning up the messes they have made all week!