Thursday, August 14, 2014

Little Adventures

Nine days between posts is a bit much, eh?  And this is my best picture:
Standing: Heidi's new favorite past time
My only excuse? No adventures.  Just day in and day out.  But not really.  I have a new day in and day out, thanks to better eating.  I'm having little adventures.  I've stepped outside my comfort zone and joined a Bible study where I didn't know a single person.  I even took the five youngest kids with me.  Last night, I went to a barbecue held by a group of families that live near me and also attend the church I go to (when I go).  I brought the three youngest kids with me.  I've been getting out of my house with little kids, going to houses I've never been to with little kids, and surviving the experience with little kids.  It's almost like going back in time when Ian, Shane, and Evie were my little kids and I felt trepidation about going places.  But the little adventures have been so good for my spirit and the better eating has been so good for my body.  And both combined have been so good for my mind!