Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Funnies

"Mooooommmmmm! Daniel's calling me a tattletale!!!"   Can you guess which dramatic child of mine said this?  And when it was pointed out that she was, indeed, a tattletale because she was tattling, she burst into tears.  Hilarious for us, soul-crushing for her.

And how about a Daily Daniel?

Daniel (banging his fists on the table): I want food!  I want food!  That's the way baaaaad boys ask for food, isn't it Mom?
Me: That's right.  I'll never feed boys who act like that.  Now, can you use your nice words?
Daniel: Can I please have some food, please?
Me: Very good!
Mark: What would you say if she said no?
Daniel (in his demanding voice): Well, DON'T!  Don't say NO! You CAN'T!

But first place for Friday Funny goes to Lula.  She went outside while I was downstairs sewing Ian's merit badges on his Boy Scout sash.  She started screaming, but it was her annoyed scream, not a scream of terror or pain.  I asked Ian and Shane, who were sitting in the schoolroom, what Lula was screaming about. "Nothing.  She's just screaming because she is a girl."  The screaming stopped shortly after it started and I didn't give it a second thought.  Ten minutes later Mark found her like this:

Lula, who is in the I'm-two-years-old-and-I-don't-want-to-take-a-nap phase, fell asleep on the porch.  I've had kids in this phase fall asleep in the strangest places, but the porch takes the cake (so far).  After I took the picture above, I realized she fell asleep outside because some idiot sibling of hers locked the sliding glass door and she couldn't get in.  It was probably Daniel because I don't think Ian or Shane would do that and then not know why she was screaming.  Because it was obvious she was screaming because she wanted in the door. 


Happy Friday!