Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sugar Crash!

The Whole30 is back and this time I have a few friends joining me.  In addition to the lovely ladies I know through church, a few of my children are hopping on the wagon with me doing a slightly modified program.  Some are willing to try out sugar-free living and are doing it willingly.  Others are not.
I'm having Daniel join me because he will only eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. For every meal. I'm thinking if I get some nutrient dense food in him, his behavior will improve. I just have to wait until he is hungry enough to eat his eggs without ketchup. He has been throwing fits over food and then falling asleep while calming down (modified time out).
The other participants are Evie and Shane.  We are spending a lot of time reading labels and learning what the other words for sugar are.  They are still drinking milk and eating peanuts from a shell, but they have cut out all sugars, processed foods, lunch meats, and breads.