Thursday, April 16, 2015

Daniel's Birthday

Guess who is five?

Because we are Homeschoolers, birthdays are considered a No School holiday.  Daniel spent the day being pampered by his siblings.  They gave him homemade presents, like paper airplanes, and hand-me-down awesome things, like a video game and a piece of apatite.  I downloaded some new games to the Leapster and Mark spoiled him with a Nerf gun, foam sword, and a boomerang (which is now stuck on the roof).  I also let the kids make Magic Toads.  This is when they bury the hose in the sand box and wait for the water to bubble up through the sand.  It makes a huge mess and wastes a ton of water, so Magic Toads are a treat!
 
Sitting on a Magic Toad

Daniel was also given $10 from my parents, which he immediately spent on ice cream at Costco for his brothers and sisters (Lula was a joy when she found out she had to share with me and Heidi).  And he picked a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting topped with toasted coconut marshmallows. They looked creepily like tator tots...
 

I'm really looking forward to Daniel-as-a-five-year-old.  He is such a lot of work, but he is such a rewarding kid.