Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Flowers

Lula came through my tulip bed and picked every single flower.  I shouldn't be surprised.  That is what two year old girls do!


I've reached a stage in my homeschooling where I can take advantage of situations like this and turn it into a science lesson.  So although no one is in my "Core A" science level, I could still dig out my books and teach the parts of a flower.

Heidi sleeping on the couch behind Fiona

The stars aligned and both Heidi and Lula went down for a nap at the same time! (I've created a second school table downstairs to help with noise and distractions for all.  Ian and Shane use the old school room and/or computer and I work downstairs with the rest while babies crawl all over me)

Lula sleeping on the other couch behind Evie
With the girls asleep, we were able to easily head outside to find more flowers and try to identify the different parts: sepal, petal, pistil, and stamen.

Daniel was not happy that I ripped a cherry blossom in half
And then it started to rain, so I headed back in with my precious camera. 


We've got Spring Fever around here and are spending a lot of time hurrying through lessons so we can play!  We are counting how many more days of math, how many more chapters of history...