Saturday, December 19, 2015

Selkie Girl

I took my four youngest to the beach today. I'm supposed to be getting ready for the big day coming up, but watching Daniel, Lula, and Heidi jump on the couch for the forty-millionth time after being told not to made me desperate to do something else.


Too bad I didn't check the tide table before I left the house.  Oh well.  There was just enough beach for kids to walk on.


Heidi decided that she didn't want to wear her boots.  We had the beach to ourselves, so there wasn't anyone around to call CPS on me, so I decided to not fight her on it.

That would be the high tide line from this morning-up over the bank.
 The colors and light of the beach were perfect for pictures.






Greens, browns, grays... Pacific Northwest perfection.



Heidi, come get your boots on!
"Wa-wa!!!"
 PUT YOUR BOOTS ON!!!

Noooooooooooo!


This is when she finally wanted her boots back on
 And then I got to drag her kicking and screaming back to the van when it was time to go home! Fun!


Ooo! Dogs!
All done crying.

Greens, greys, and browns.