Saturday, July 9, 2016

Family Reunion

This summer has been the summer of family reunions.  First, Mark's sister and family came to visit. This time it was my side of the family!
My nephew Carson-he was not thrilled that I was taking his picture
Mark, getting one last meal out of the old holey barbeque (bucket of water at the ready)
My parents and my aunt and uncle-and Lula!
My little sister
My aunts
My Uncle
So, I have share right here that Daniel absolutely loves my uncle.  He just couldn't hug him enough.  This meant so much to him and us because my uncle was just diagnosed with cancer and he is heading in for surgery in a few weeks.  My aunt and uncle also had and partially homeschooled eight kids, so they are pretty much my heroes.  And my godparents. So spending time with them is really special.  I don't find many women who have already raised eight children that can give me the encouragement I need to keep going on the rough days.  I really really want to go visit them in Idaho next spring or summer.

Heidi-she has been acting especially crazy lately
Note the warning sign (yes, I've fished him out once)
Siblings-can't you tell?

 We had such a wonderful time.  We need to do this every summer, don't you think?

The next family reunion will take place next weekend when Mark heads out to Eastern Washington to hang out with some of his cousins!  One of these years we might be able to find a dog/poultry sitter so I can go too.