Sunday, July 10, 2016

Launching to Cub Scouts!

Daniel has been so excited to start Cub Scouts. Yesterday was his first day and what better way than launching a rocket?


He was ready and waiting in the car a good half hour before they needed to leave.


Since we didn't know if he and Mark would make it to the launch, Mark had to run to the store at the last minute and buy a rocket that was pretty much snap together.  Then he had to drive to another store to find the right engines.


We'll save the fun of building rockets together for another day, when all the kids are a little older.  Genevieve acted as my photographer and she took over 200 pictures!


But this one is my favorite.  Daniel has been MY boy for the last six years.  I had a hard time not packing all the girls up and making his first day of scouts a family event (which it was).  I sighed and silently passed my invisible Daniel baton over to Mark. The time has come to let him grow and learn with his dad.