Monday, January 7, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again!

Now that Christmas is happily over, I can get back to real life. School officially started again for all the kids and my DH had to go back to work as well. And I get my morning computer time back without anyone looking over my shoulder and asking if I am done yet. Okay, that isn't exactly true. I still have three little kids asking when I'll be done.

The picture to the left was taken yesterday. Here is the approximate scene and dialog between DH and I:

I glance out the window to check on the kids in the backyard. I see Child #3 running toward the back door at full speed to alert me to the danger his younger sister is in. I look to see where the other two are and to my horror see Child #5 perched at the top of the bush we call The Mountain. The mountain is about six feet tall.

Me (yelling downstairs): Honey??? Before I go running out the back door in a panic, is Child #5 to young to be climbing to the top of the mountain?

DH: What??? Yes! But don't run out there, or you will scare her and she will fall. Just stay in the house, I will take care of it! Or you can go out, but don't say anything! I'll be right there!

Me: Should I bring the camera?

We have had an experience like this before, involving a very tall tree and a little boy who was pretending to be a squirrel.

This poorly lit picture is of my birthday present, my very own little homeschool room! I spent the time between Christmas and New Years building shelves and moving books. Today we had our very first official day of school. I'm thinking about adding a divider on the table so my two sweet boys stop looking at each other and giggling when they hear the word "feet." Child #4 has started a new language arts program and the first letter he is writing and sounding out is f. We hear the word "feet" a lot, so I hear a lot of giggling. But I can think of plenty of other f words that would bug me more than "feet." We were done with school by 9:30 this morning and now we are off to go buy some dog food for My Pathetic Doberman!