Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Big Week for Lula

Lula had such a busy week!
"I started eating Cheerios!"
"I cut my first tooth!"
"I discovered sunshine!"
"I'm crawling all over the house! I like to chase my shadow!"
Lula crawled for the first time last Sunday.  By last night, she figured out she no longer needs to stay where I put her.  I left her to play in her room while I tucked the other girls in bed and within a few moments, Lula was crawling on in!  We now have to be super-vigilant about keeping the house vacuumed and little toys picked up.  One of her favorite games is to look at Daniel and then freeze in the crawling position.  She looks at him again, squeals with excitement, and crawls away as fast as she can!  She started playing Peek-a-boo too!  She doesn't like our Ice Age version.  Listen carefully for Mark, sounding like a saber-toothed tiger:
She cries every time someone growls at her. Mark surprised her last night and she really howled!  It is pathetically cute.  A long time ago, Mark was trying to get Ian and Shane to smile by making growling noises, which they normally loved.  But for some reason, Shane didn't like the noise and started bawling as soon as the picture was over.  This was the picture:
It has been a long time since these two boys were so angelic looking.  Sometimes I miss those days.