Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blue and Gold

We just had our annual Blue and Gold ceremony for Cub Scouts and there were a few changes this year.
Nice shiner, Shane (trampoline injury).
Instead of potluck on paper plates, we had catered food on glass plates.  The food was good, but I did worry about spills on the table cloth and broken plates-neither of which happened.  Well, we had one little juice spill, but nothing major.
Couldn't listen quietly to the story and had to leave.
Instead of a talent show featuring our scouts, we hired a professional story teller.  I missed watching all the boys do their thing, but there was no stress of keeping the little ones under control.  Because Daniel wanted to run around during the story teller's performance, Mark gave me the look and we had to leave.  So I went out in the lobby area and caught up with my scouting friends and met a few new ones.
Fiona loves our friend who is always all glittery and sparkly.
This fun friend of ours has horses, goats, chickens, and a pot-bellied pig.  We are making plans to go over to her house so the girls can brush her miniature ponies.  She only has boys and loves our girls.  Especially how Fiona oooo's and ahhhhh's over her big sparkly rings!
I've never put flowers or sunglasses on my baby girls, but now that I see how cute they are, I may change my mind!  Each kid got a parting gift (another new thing) when they left the banquet and we got to keep our pretty centerpieces.