Sunday, April 14, 2013

Gardens and Chickens

This was a wonderful Sunday.  Nothing is better than spending time with the family.
Inner Peace: When your kids are old enough to do all the work!
Daniel helps with the rows...
...and gets a little help from Shane.
Planting carrots
The Cornish Cross are let out for some "free ranging"
Why they aren't completely "free"
In our gardens, we have squash, carrots, beans, peas, beets, spinach, lettuce, kale, and chard.  Oh and asparagus and rhubarb!  I've started some tomatoes and peppers inside, but I need more Jiffy pots (or get around to making some DIY pots).  We are also going to plant pumpkins, cucumbers, and I'm pretty sure there is more, I just can't think of it right now.  I'm going to need a pressure canner by the end of the growing season!  At least I hope I will!