Monday, April 29, 2013

Feeling Better

Mark is back to feeling himself again.  He has been sick for at least a month, maybe longer, with a nasty case of giardia. 
He lost 20 pounds in three weeks and never missed a day of work.  Can you imagine having your guts lined with hungry parasites sucking every last bit of nutrition out of your food, and STILL snorkeling a 7 mile stretch of river?  It was no wonder that he would come home from work and feel like he was dying.  I was so relieved when he finally went to the doctor and got a diagnosis a week ago.  I thought he had something much worse than giardia.

After four days on medication, Mark is back to his old self.  He is diggin' in the dirt, chasing guineas off his new grass, and getting back into Taekwondo with the kids!  I am so, so happy I have my husband back! (And I'm so, so happy the little kids aren't asking me if their daddy is going to die anymore)