Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Happiness

All I needed for Mother's Day was happiness (and a clean house).  I got both!  These last few days have been happy moment on top of happy moment (except that moment when I stepped on a dead rodent and it stuck to the bottom of my shoe and I tracked it inside) (and when I found a dead chicken under the watering tray in the chicken yard and it had been there for a long time).  But I had many more happy moments than not...
 How could I even celebrate being a mother without having an awesome father for my children?
Sharing a cup of peanut butter with Pathetic Doberman
I finally got my closet completely empty and had to decide which toxic cleaner I would use to eliminate wool-eating moths and mold.  I chose vinegar so Daniel could scrub instead of me!  He and Fiona scrubbed that closet to the point where I would be surprised if anything grew back!
Mark finally gets to relax
The Pirate is happy because he was digging holes.
His little girls REALLY make him smile (me too)!

Big Hugs!
The biggest and best smile goes to having my mom come out for a Mother's Day dinner cooked by Mark.  We had a seafood alfredo with Copper River salmon, mussels, and octopus!  My mom brought a white chocolate raspberry mousse cake that was to die for!