Sunday, June 23, 2013

Evie's Recital Dances

Evie really impressed me this year with her dancing.  When the girls first started practicing, she couldn't remember any of the steps for ballet or tap and needed to be in the back row so she could watch the girls in front of her.  In her tap dance, as of Tuesday, she was still on the very end of the line next to the curtain.  But when she just rocked the complicated steps, her teacher moved her front and center!  Wow!  Of course, none of the girls are perfect, but they did great!

Evie's tap dance was the first on the program.  They had to restart three times due to technical difficulties.  Daniel needed a restart too.  When the camera is shaking, he is trying to climb up into my lap.  I try to push him off my baby belly and hiss, "Get him off me!" to Mark.  Daniel started to cry loudly (good thing the music is louder) and Mark had to carry him out.  Ian and Shane blessed us with babysitting at the playground, so Mark and I were able to enjoy the girls' dance recital with no babies!

Here is the link to Evie's tap dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2hPS2H8pQc