Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hot

I'm doing pretty good for a pregnant lady in this heat, thanks to a few things my husband did for me this morning.
10:30 AM on the cool side of the house
He set up the pool (with Ian's help) so the little kids could play in the water (and I wouldn't have to go all the way down to the pond).
They all played in the water while I put my feet up.  The pond is nice and shady, but the walk between the pond and house is killer in the heat.
The blue-hued livingroom will be perfect for movie viewing
Mark nailed tarps over our picture windows that get full afternoon sun.  These are great windows and keep a lot of the heat out in summer and in during the winter.  But it still gets too hot on days like today.  You should have felt the summer heat before these windows were installed! Wowzer!  You can see the sun is just starting to reach the bottom of the tarps...we'll all be blue in about an hour!  Don't worry, they aren't nailed like the blanket back at our old house.  These are removable *grin*
3:00 PM and still the sun hasn't reach the porch side!
Yesterday morning, I made a huge batch of chocolate pudding.  I froze some in graham cracker sandwiches, which the kids polished off for dessert last night.  The rest I put in snack-sized container for "ice cream" today.
Banned to the outdoors until their frozen pudding is gone.
I've also locked the main door to the porch to keep the kids from opening, closing, opening, closing the door all afternoon and letting all the hot air in.  If they want to come in, they have to go through the laundry room (I don't care how hot that room gets).
 That is, if they dare to cross the threshold.