Friday, June 28, 2013

I'm getting ready for heat.  I don't like heat.  But the National Weather Service is telling me that the next few days are going to be HOT.
I sewed a little sundress for Lula.  I made it nice and big so she can wear it this winter with a long-sleeved shirt and wool pants when it gets cold.
Hahli has a second chick (and nine more eggs).  Mark moved them over to the other side of our coop so the other hens will leave the chicks alone.  He decided that when one of our hens goes broody, we will just give her eggs to sit on.  It seems cruel to try to break her and get her off the nests.  This time of year we have plenty of eggs and not a lot of desire to eat hot things, so the hens can have a few to hatch and mother.  Mother hens are beautiful things.
I love how curious this chick is.  Hahli keeps telling him to get back where he belongs, but he keeps popping out to say hello.  I watched Hahli try to teach him how to eat, but the pellets are too big for the little guy.  Well, I don't know if its a guy or a gal, but I'm going to call him a guy until his comb doesn't grow in.
Jack says, "These shoes belong to my victims.  I dare you to come closer! I can add YOUR shoes to my collection!"

Mark is busy getting the pond mowed so the kids can swim when it gets really hot in a few days!  I am so thankful we have our very own pond and we don't have to go anywhere to cool off.