Friday, August 30, 2013

Rainy Day

I did feel a little bit sorry for my kids yesterday when our trip to the lake was cancelled due to rain.  But I didn't feel too sorry for them because I have been absolutely miserable from the heat and I really needed a break.
The rain was coming down so hard I had to shut the door!  Daniel was absolutely filthy-not because he hasn't bathed, he has had one every day-but because he is a boy and plays in the dirt.  The rain was warm, so I sent him outside for a "shower."
 Actually, all the kids wanted to go play in the rain, so they were having fun.

 Daniel actually got pretty clean!  Until the rain stopped and he started playing in the puddles...
Today the sun is back (and I have advised that Mark be absent around the dinner hour, which is when the house becomes miserably hot for me).  We are having another productive school day, which was interrupted by...
 A slug the size of an orca whale!  Only in the PNW can you find slugs this big...
 ...or send your kids outside to shower *wink*