Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Where's Lula?"

You see, Mark and I had a short conversation about our list of things to do yesterday while Daniel and Lula played on our bed.  We decided Mark would get some mowing done while I got the older kids ready to go run errands with me.  When Lula went down for her nap, I would leave.  We planned that I would leave in a half hour.

About ten minutes later, I was in the kitchen making lunch and I realized Daniel was there and Lula was not.  I asked Daniel, "Where's Lula?"
"She's dead."
"What? Where?"
"Where we were playing.  She's dead there."

I rushed back to the bed, sure I was going to find Lula knocked unconscious.  Instead I found her sound asleep, flat on her back, arms and legs spread out in a big X.

I wonder, how can anyone possibly fall asleep while Daniel is jumping around nearby?