Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday

Wednesday, I have conquered you!  Haha!  I have you locked securely in a box and you will not beat me!
Baby, tucked securely in front pack!
Why does this matter? Who cares? I care, because Monday conquered me.  I tried to have a nice lunch with my parents and husband and kids on Monday, but Heidi would not cooperate.  She cried and cried and cried.  In fact, she cries every day.  Most of every day.  She is crying right now.  And we can't figure out what is making her cry.  The only time she stops is when she is eating, but she eats way too much and projectile vomits it all up.  I don't like that at all.
Didn't do the dishes, but hey! He's doing math!
So, Wednesday, even though we've listened to Heidi cry, we've gotten our math done!  The older boys got busy doing math without being told and I managed to get through the girls' math without too many crazy interruptions.  The best part was when Fiona counted to 100 for the first time!
Coloring, counting, and timed tests!
I'm prepared to teach the kids the first lesson in Artistic Pursuits Book 2 and have a page opened on the computer with Google images of Cimabue's work.  Watercolor project, here we come!
Shane has a hard time finding quiet space to work in
Lula is busy watching Baby Einstein.  She can watch Baby Einstein all day long!  But it keeps her happy and out of trouble.  Her teeth are cutting (she is the worst teether of the bunch) and she has a stuffy nose, so she is even more cranky than normal.
Of course it is only 9:30 in the morning and I've only accomplished math and thinking about art.  We still have a trip to the YMCA for our first day of Homeschool PE.  This will be Daniel's first class.  Daniel.  The one that has trouble taking directions from people and is easily overwhelmed by his emotions when he makes a mistake in public.  The three older kids are dreading running around the lake.  I will be sitting on the sideline of Daniel's class with crazy Lula and cranky Heidi in the double stroller.  I know I'm setting myself up for disaster, especially when Fiona is the only one excited to go.  I should just stay home in my jammies.  Okay, I can't say for sure if I have conquered Wednesday or if it will conquer me...

Edited to add...

Art projects: complete.  They were supposed to paint their house.  From top left going clockwise we have Shane's red house (our house isn't red), Evie's brown house with purple flowers (we don't have flowers), Fiona's purple house with a dinosaur in the sandbox (I wish our house was purple), and Daniel's swirl (close enough).  Evie's house looks the most like our actual house, but Fiona's yard is the most acurate (check out the leaning madrona tree!)
Sitting on the stove eating leftover oatmeal.  The burner was on.
Daniel's first day at the YMCA class went just as I predicted.  He wouldn't participate at first, but after I told him he could play on the new play structure if he participated, he went back.  I thought everything was going fine, so I left to walk the track with the little girls.  When I looked in on Daniel the first time, he was already back on the bleachers.  I went down and sat with him and had to take away his play structure time.  He had to watch Fiona, Evie, and Lula play as he cried and told me he was "going to get lost" and "go home with a different person."  When we went out to the van, I gave him a choice of holding my hand or me holding his arm because parking lots are dangerous and he doesn't get to choose to walk alone.  He made the best choice: the one that didn't make me look like I was dragging him across the parking lot.  I made the choice to not stop at the store for milk and did not set us all up for failure.
I didn't throw away our glue projects.  Ian and Evie's are almost dry!  Evie's might be dry by tomorrow.  Mine probably has another week to go.  Fiona's got flipped over by Lula and got thrown away.  This has definitely been a project that teaches patience!

Ian eventually got all the dishes done.

Wednesday: Conquered! (It's only 7:30 PM, I guess we still have a few hours left...)