Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Twelve


Can you believe Ian is 12 years old? And that this will be my last year without a teenager in the house (again)?  Ian celebrated his birthday this year by inviting a friend over to play video games and throw ninja stars.  What a boy.  He also requested a key lime pie instead of a cake.  One of the things I love about Ian's 11/12th year is the development of his witty sense of humor.  He is so fast with the comebacks that he can get me laughing several times a day.  This year, I told Ian his birth story.  After I told him that I had to be induced 30 hours after my water broke and then it took an additional 14 hours to get him out, he said, "I wasn't done sleeping yet."  So little has changed.  I love this kid and I feel so blessed that I got to be the one to have him and raise him and watch him grow up!  Thank you, God!