Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014

Just in time, I add one more post to 2014 and make my post number an even 150.  This has been my slowest posting year since I started the blog.  I find myself more and more often just posting a quick tidbit story to Facebook...it takes about five seconds compared to the 30 minutes or more I spend choosing and editing pictures, typing, editing for grammar and clarity.....  This is what I posted today:

Last year, my resolution was to not set myself up for failure. I'm really good at dreaming up awesome projects and schemes and perfect schedules and plans, but terrible at the follow through because who would think that seven kids would be completely compliant and do everything I ask and that I would have the self discipline to make sure I did what I said I would do? So, instead of failing at all my plans, I made none. And I survived Heidi's postpartum period, lost almost 50 pounds, met a whole new circle of Godly women to call friends, pulled out of the public school's homeschooling program, and expanded my family (due July 2015), and pretty much had the best year I've had in a very long time. To God goes the glory!
celebrating New Year's Eve.
 
I've gone through some of my posts from this year because I was planning on doing a recap, but I just don't want to anymore.  Some of the posts are just too painful to read.  And then I just sorta burned out on writing right about the time I started feeling great about living my normal daily life.  And who wants to read about my normal daily life?
 
All in all, 2014 was a great year, only because it started so badly and ended so great.  Mark pulled some smoked salmon out of the fridge, so I'm headed off to live in the real world again!  Happy New Year everyone!