Tuesday, October 20, 2015

First Bonfire

Well, it took forever, like the whole summer thanks to the endless burn ban, but we finally had our first bonfire of the season.  Too bad summer was over.  Ah, but who cares what season it it? Roasting hot dogs over a bonfire is fun no matter what season it is.

"Stay out of the fire, Heidi."

"The fire is hot, Heidi."

"Stay OUT of the HOT fire, HEIDI!"

"You need to go sit with you mom."

"The hot dogs are NOT FOR YOU!"
Ian is learning about reflecting/repeating words in his writing class.  So, instead of repeating that we are roasting hot dogs, I can say my boys are...
...cooking their processed meat tubes.

 The proof-that-I-actually-exist-and-have-fun-with-my-family Selfie!

Heidi still isn't staying out of the fire!

Genevieve and Fiona

Lula showed up just in time for marshmallows!

Love that dimple!
 For some reason, both Shane and Daniel burn their marshmallows...

 ...but at least they eat them...


Jason only ate my finger (cutie)
And then, when the processed junk food was gone, we switched to toasting apples.


And as the light faded even more, the older half of the kids and Mark tossed the football around while I took my trouble makers back up to the house.  We don't have enough nights like this.