Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Talks in his Sleep

Jason talks in his sleep. And since I have to sleep with him, I get to hear all about his dreams while he is having them. (I kicked Jason out of my bed a few months ago and then quickly weaned him off his binky because his teeth were getting too crooked.  Little did I know he wasn't going to be like the rest of the kids although I should have know. How many times have my kids been predictable?  He must sleep with me and I'm too tired to wean him off me.  Mark is a very light sleeper and if he wakes up at night, he never goes back to sleep.  And I need Mark to sleep more than I need to sleep train Jason at this time.)


He likes his routines and is the first kid to tell me he is ready to go to bed. A few weeks ago, he slept with four things and he needed them in place before he would go to sleep. 1) That hat he is wearing. 2) His stuffed Rottweiler. 3) A foam baseball bat and 4) me.  He was well protected.  Now he is down to two things: a book and me. His favorite books are a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer coloring book and the Usborne book of Astronomy and Space. Sometimes he chooses one of my paperbacks that I keep in there.  I tried to read a book about the conscience mind of an octopus last month, but Jason kept taking it from me and I had to return it to the library without reading it.

Gosh I love his brown eyes
Two nights ago he dreamed that he was going potty.  He kept saying, "I need toilet paper! I need toilet paper!" and then he passed some gas.  I was so worried that he was going to wet the bed that I woke him up and took him to the bathroom (he and Heidi are my only two kids to potty train and be dry at night at their second birthday).  Then he dreamed he was fighting with Daniel.  He woke up saying he hated him. 


Last night he dreamed that Lula stole his pants.  He shouted, "Lula! Give me my pants!" over and over.  Then he started kicking me in the back as hard as he could saying, "Get out of here! Get out of here!" I was happy to comply.  Really happy. I couldn't believe my luck! I was going to get to sleep in my own bed! As soon as I sat up, Jason woke up (he is a super light sleeper and knows the second I start thinking about sneaking away) and started crying, "Come back, mama! Please mama! Sleep with me, pleeeeease mama!"


Of course I will sweetie.... little Mama's Boy.  I'm such a sucker. And right now I don't even care about the long term consequence of spoiling the last little boy.