Sunday, October 10, 2010

Camping in the Rain Anyone?

After another crazy week in my house, which this time included a day with mastitis and a trip to the doctor; Taekwondo tests for M, IJ, and S; a trip to the zoo; and a Taekwondo tournament for sparring and poomse; we had an opportunity to go camping with our Cub Scout pack.  In the rain.

And because M and I are the Wolf den leaders, at least one of us had to go and lead an activity.  Since M was at the tournament with the boys, I packed up the three youngers and planned to spend the day in the rain leading little boys with ADHD even though my own Scouts weren't even there.  Because that is the kind of leader I am.  When I signed up to lead, it was to lead all the boys, not just my own.  Which is a problem I've had with other leaders in the past.  Anyway, I digress.
Wet Rats
I was able to come home early because one boy got sick and went home, one boy had an afternoon soccer game, two boys didn't come, one went on a hike with his brother's den, and one just wanted to throw sticks in the fire.

M and the boys joined the Scouts after dinner.  They thought about camping, but every spot was full or flooded.  Darn! 
S and IJ
D

E and F
Everyone got to sleep, nice and cozy, in their very own beds.  And have a nice, hot, delicious breakfast when they woke up.  Instead of borderline camp food.  Hooray!