Monday, February 7, 2011

The American Revolution

Now this is what I call homeschooling!  This is my homeschool dream!  This week is American Revolution Week and IJ is really into it.  He built himself a flintlock musket and created this costume from an old blue velvet jacket that belonged to my mother.  The hat is from a pirate costume.
 S is modeling the British look with an old red velvet jacket that I used to wear to job interviews.  Along with a T-shirt that says "I didn't do it."
Did he kill his brother, the rebel, or not?
IJ has been reading about the American Revolution on the side because we have more books than you can shake a stick at.  S started reading The Magic Tree House book Revolutionary War on Wednesday and I read Can't You Make Them Behave, King George? out loud this morning.
This is when S finally figured out he was working for King George and he was not happy!  So he shot his brother.
Who shot him back...
Who shot him back again...
Who shot him back again!