Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby Boys Chapter 2

"Okay, I'm up from my nap.  Where should I start my destruction?"

He has entered the terrible baby phase.  The phase where he pulls books off shelves, digs in the dog food, opens the cupboards, turns the TV on and off...I've been through this before.  Four times.  But not in this house!  Not in a house that needs to be senior friendly as well as baby proof!

"I see a bit of molding that is loose around the door.  I wonder if I can pull it off?"

I would like to completely gate off the entire house!  But then Grandad might starve to death.  I would definitely have to put a gate across his door and the door to the laundry room where his refrigerator is plugged in.  The biggest problems with gates, including the gate I already have, is that the siblings can't remember to close them!  Sometimes I really miss how easily my old house baby proofed.
And how do you like this shiner?  Apparently, according to S, D crawled into something.  I think that after S retrieved D from Daddy's office, he set his brother down on his feet too close to the dresser.  And then he fell down and hit his eyebrow.  That was a few days ago, so now he has the most fabulous purple and green bruise.  D also cut his first upper front tooth on Valentine's Day.  What a gift!