Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Due Day Walk

Mark made me go for a walk.  He said something or another about how good it would be for me and how it might induce labor.  Whatever. Fine. I'll walk.  But he had to carry Lula!
Carry Lula? No problem!
Mark took me on his short, flat trail, through the five acres.  He has been busy removing deciduous trees to make way for cedars and other future fire wood.
Light-sucking vampire trees!
I reminded him that he had to walk slowly if he wanted me to keep up with him.  "Walk slowly? I'm not even moving and you still haven't caught up!" Ha, ha, very funny!

The sun goes down and Lucky joins the Late Baby club.
Now, remember the short and flat part of the trail? Seems Mark forgot the branches and logs I would have to climb over.  "It's good for getting the baby in the right position," he says.  This baby is in a posterior position right now, which could mean a very long, painful labor for me.
I will climb over any number of branches and/or logs if it means she will spin nicely into position by the time labor starts!
The resourceful father: can't find a sock? Use a mitten!
It was a beautiful sunny day today, but it also meant it was quite chilly!  The kids found ice when they played outside!
Groan, I'm still so far away from the house!

See my shadow?
Mark and the boys have been busy cutting and stacking some cedar that came down in a windstorm.  Now we have another stack of secret firewood hiding out on our property!
This is about the time I told Mark that I knew he had tricked me and that I was going to have to walk up the hill from the pond to the house.  Oh well. I survived.
 I actually had enough energy left to circle around the house to see...
...that we have some daffodils coming up!