Saturday, June 21, 2014

Squash Face

I had no idea how much fun little girls could have with their baby sisters (and Daniel too sometimes).  Lula belongs to Evie and Heidi belongs to Fiona.  I cannot believe how cute they are.  Both older girls take Lula potty more often than I do.  They bathe their sisters (I have cute pictures of all four girls in the tub, but I won't post them) and they dress them.  Fiona gave Heidi her breakfast this morning (Squash Face).  They even put Daniel and Lula down for naps and bedtime.  Evie and Fiona have big plans for when they all share a room and when they are all grown up.  Evie plans to spend as much time chatting with Lula as I do with Ami.

Strangers tend to think that having lots of kids divides the love; there is no way one mom can give each child the attention they need.  It just goes to show that strangers don't understand that having lots siblings increases the total love available.  Sure, I could do all the bottom wiping and face scrubbing and feeding myself (meanwhile the girls would be playing the same thing in their room with their dolls), but why would I rob them of an opportunity to love on each other?  I feel kinda selfish when I tell them they can't feed the baby...like Heidi is my baby doll and they can't play with her because they might break her or something! Silly mama.