Monday, July 7, 2014

Off to Camp!

Ian and Shane headed off to Boy Scout camp yesterday.  They will be gone for a whole week!  Ian was gone for a week last year, but this is Shane's first time being away from home for so long.

Backpack? Check. Hiking boots? Check. Purple Purse? WHAT?
Before every camping trip, the Boy Scout troop conducts a pack inspection.  However, this year the pack inspection was overlooked.  Ian and Shane still had their packs packed from their last trip the weekend before, so anytime we asked them, "Is your pack ready?" they said, "Yes."   I'm glad that little voice inside my head said, "Do not trust those boys of yours," because when I conducted the Mom Pack Inspection, many things were missing...or belonged to someone else in the family.  Plus, the supplies needed for a one night camp out are not the same for a seven day summer camp.


Of course I miss them, but I have to say I really missed them last night when I faced a sink full of dirty dishes after a long 90 degree day of Heidi Handling.  And the silence! Ian and Shane are involved in several scuffles a day and they both crack jokes and make me laugh until my sides hurt.  Ian doesn't hug me anymore, but Shane does and I miss that too!  Saturday can't come soon enough!