Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Signing Time with Lula!

We watch more TV than the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends, but we try to stick to educational DVDs and movies.  When we need Lula to stay in one place and not get in trouble, we put on Signing Time! movies from the library.  We've gone through several sign language phases over the last nine years, starting when Shane was two years old and not talking.

I tested Lula to see how many signs she knew.  Any guesses?
Lula signs "dirty."  Hmmm, I wonder why?
She knows over 125 signs!  I couldn't remember any more myself, but I find myself adding more to my list each day!

Just now, she signed "slide" "hot" and "sit" to me, while also saying the words for hot and sit, when she tried to go down her play side with a bare behind.  Then she signed "water" so I would turn the sprinkler on the slide for her.  I know her spoken words would develop faster without that binky in her mouth, but as long as Heidi is needing one, I don't think a weaning is going to happen...