Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Plague

The Downens were hit with a nasty cold this week. Every single one of us was affected to one degree or another.  The virus combined with the first week of bitter cold found us calling a sick day and snuggling down by the fire under blankets.  We were even too sick to go to Homeschool Friday which was a total bummer because it was reptile day! I stayed busy with my projects until Heidi got sick and needed to stay on my lap all day.
One Miserable Baby
My first project was sewing up some fleece into warm pajamas for Shane and using the leftover fleece for a pair of pants for Lula.  Shane has been living in his pajamas for three days (being sick and all) and I still can't keep Lula dressed.  She is going to freeze this winter if she doesn't wise up and wear pants!  But the best project that I haven't started yet is diapers for Laura's baby!



This Nana just can't resist a 60% off sale on snuggly printed flannel.  Especially if her much-loved step daughter is planning on cloth diapering.  Little baby girl diapers are SO cute.  The cost for one Nana-made diaper is only $.73.  So far I only have the fabric washed, but I have plenty of time, right?

Stocking #1: Whose will it be?
I've been taking advantage of having a sleeping baby on my lap to start up the Smith Family Christmas stockings.  My original plan was to make stockings that look like ours, but I just can't knit another fair isle Christmas stocking.  I begged Ami to let me just knit striped stockings and in return I would knit enough for her whole family.

So there you have it! Another week at the Downen house with nothing new and exciting to report *smile*