Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter

Girls in Easter Hats
Both Mark and Genevieve are sick today.  I was home alone with the four younger kids all day yesterday, so you know I had to wait until the last minute to boil and dye eggs.  I may be adventurous when it comes to art projects with preschoolers, but dying eggs with them with no one to back me up? No way.


I dyed three dozen eggs, but I realized at the last minute we had no vinegar and only a few colors.  I had a fussy baby in one arm and we can just say, the eggs weren't pretty.

Started hunting for eggs without a basket.

Mark and the girls got home from Ferndale just before midnight, so none of us got much sleep... and I was up for about an hour scrubbing puke out of the girl's carpet.  The boys and Evie hid the eggs while the rest of us watched The Easter Carol.

I found all the missing shoes
 I gave them a stern lecture about Jesus, the empty tomb, and candy. 

The dye didn't stick without the vinegar
We ate all the jelly beans last week because no one wanted to wait for Easter.  Maybe they thought I was kidding when I said there wasn't going to be any candy.  And when the bickering broke out about who got a head start on egg hunting and who had too many and who didn't boil enough eggs, that solidified my views on the way we celebrate.
I didn't even bother to turn the eggs so that the dye covered the whole egg.
 Okay, so we did have a "basket of grace" at the end with a chocolate bunny for everyone.

Mark spent the rest of the afternoon planting his baby trees (while sick) with the boys help.  He is also getting ready to leave for three days for work because this is that time of year.  When he gets back, I'm heading to Ferndale for a weekend of vaulting! It's going to be a crazy week.  I think we need more than just a basket of grace...