Friday, March 18, 2016

St Paddy's Snakes

I had a few little tokens for my leprechauns this morning.


The boys got mustaches, the girls got little shamrock bracelets.  And then we moved on.... (no gold hunt, sorry kids, I couldn't force my heart to do anything fun or light-hearted).

And then Ian found a snake.  Strange coincidence, no? If I were a more paranoid person that believed in signs and we found the first snake on St. Patrick's Day, I would believe something was afoot.

(he's getting so handsome)

My wonderful kids have great ideas (they must get that from me).  Shane said, "Wouldn't it be funny if we found the Crocodile Hunter toy and took a picture of it with the snake?"  Fiona found the toy and Ian posed him:


 ...and then we finished up all the normal things we do on normal days and had corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes.  The potatoes were cooked by Ian and they perfectly complimented our meat.