Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blanket Dummy

Once upon a time there was a little boy who liked to curl up in blankets and hide. He would pick strange places too... like the middle of the kitchen floor where people liked to walk. One day, his older sister stepped on what she thought was just a blanket on the floor. But her little brother was inside. And she stepped squarely on his stomach. Oh, she felt soooo bad. And one would think that this little brother would learn his lesson about hiding under blankets. But he didn't.

Today I walked across what I thought was an empty blanket. I continued through the kitchen and started making sandwiches. IJ and his snow leopard appeared a few moments later.

"Have you been in that blanket this whole time?"
"Yes."
"Don't you remember when A stepped on your stomach? I could have stepped on you!"
"You did. You stepped right on my arm."
"And you didn't say anything or cry?"
"No! I'm not a crybaby any more!"