Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring at Twin Firs

Now it is Spring. We spent the weekend at Twin Firs and the sun was out every day! I did some Spring Cleaning, including about ten loads of laundry and line-dried them all! It was nice to air out the winter dust, from more than just the blankets!I have a bijillion great Spring pictures to post. First, music education is never started too early. F is strapped securely in her high chair (which was mine when I was a baby). M planted four blueberry bushes, a plum tree, and this peach tree: Mary, Mary, quite contrary! The daffodils are blooming, and I found this strange invasive species planted right in the middle of them! This rock is named Hairy Scary Rock, after a children's book, and these kids sure are hairy and scary! We spent some time enjoying the sun down at the pond. My Pathetic Doberman plays fetch with emtpy plastic bottles. This one was just a little too far...and she tried to drink up the pond to get it back. Where bald spots come from? And last but not least, the NuWave Oven: As seen on TV! My dearest, most beloved father-in-law has a weakness for infomercials and buys their products without a second thought. I received a battery-operated knife on my front step one time that ended up as a big fat waste of money. We have a rotisserie oven (pictured above right) that has never been used. And now the Nuwave. After hours of chiding, teasing, lecturing, and refusing to unpack the box, M and I finally humored the ol' man and used his Nuwave to cook a roast. It was done in 45 minutes, tasted great, and the cleanup was a breeze. And we tossed the potatoes in with the roast too! Now we will see how long it takes for it to break!