Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Fun Fourth

Like I mentioned earlier, we worked most of the Fourth. But we did take a little time to play down at the pond. M did most of the playing. He threw IJ in the water:He baptized F, ogre style:
He took the little kids for rides on the paddle board:He raced IJ across the pond, paddle board verses swimming:He shot me with the water guns (and I shot back- which eventually led to him chasing me and throwing me into the pond):And S finally got the nerve to cross the pond on a noodle (with a life jacket):The other highlight was the fireworks, of which I have no photos. The pictures always turn out bad anyway. Twice we had fireworks misfire and land at the feet or on the lap(!) of the audience. One of our outdoor rocking chairs has the scorch marks to prove it.

Sunday we worked even more, unpacking and getting the rest of the heavy furniture back inside. Here is our Book Nook (no more orange carpet!) and a future reader, F:After sleeping under the stars for three nights, I was very happy to stay up past midnight reading trashy vampire romance novels in my very own bed. The kids and I are headed back to the ol' place for a week of camp today.

IJ has been missing his old home. I asked him what we was missing. His answers were the tightness and noise of the old house, and My Pathetic Doberman barking at everything. Um, those things are what I don't miss the most!

The blog will be dark until I get back...