Monday, October 26, 2009

Beet That! Animal Crackers

This weekend was pretty uneventful. Saturday I made a smoothie out of beets (tops too!) that everyone loved. And do you like my new smoothie straw? I ordered the straw from Glass Dharma just for my own smoothie enjoyment. I'm not particular to smoothie mustaches and chunks of fruit and veggies don't fit too well up the plastic kind. And lets face it: kale doesn't taste good no matter what. Straws help kale go down the hatch a lot easier! When this straw passes the evaluation period and proves that it won't break, I will buy more for my whole family to enjoy!
Sunday I cleaned and organized my pantry out of irritation. I was irritated because the day after I made a Costco run, Grandad went to the grocery store and forgot to bring his resistance. And then my Azure Standard order came in. So I had three giant loads of food to put away and nowhere to put it. I am thankful I have too much food rather than too little food. But I don't think we will ever get it used up unless a major wind or ice storm hits and our driveway is blocked with fallen trees outside the range of our electric chainsaw. At least I'll be able to find things when I need them! This shows only the middle of half of my pantry:And just like the story If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, if I Start to Clean the Pantry I will need a place to put my oatmeal. If I move my oatmeal, I will discover that the floor under the shelves hasn't been mopped for years. I will get my mop to find that the sponge needs to be replaced. I will search for a mop head and discover that I have too many mops and some need to go find a new home. I will start a Goodwill box and remember I have too many drinking glasses. Seeing all the drinking glasses will remind me that I'm thirsty and that I need to use the old juice in the pantry before I use the new juice. When I go to the pantry, I will see that it needs to be cleaned and organized...

And today Little Luna, who isn't the brightest rock in the galaxy, decided that she would become an Animal Cracker instead of just existing as one in My Pathetic Doberman's fantasies. The first time she crawled into this container we thought she was stuck because she wouldn't come out. I had to coax her out with a string and she emerged reluctantly. I was reminded of how A needed to help her mother deliver her into this world. A few minutes later she ran right back into the cracker container. Like I said, not too smart. But she is growing on us.