Monday, October 5, 2009

Farm Fun

Saturday we toured some of the local farms. We had a good time and finished the day off at the beach. Some of the quotable quotes (with pics interspersed) on this day were:

S: It would take me forever to get infinity dollars!This is the horse that tried to nibble S's hay-like hair, much to our amusement. He (the horse) is really tall!

S (to his brother): Icky [IJ]!
IJ: No! Intelligent [IJ]!
M: Do you know what intelligent means?
IJ: No...
Here we are making a scarecrow that "looks like Grandad!" (IJ)

E (on a tour of a barn): Is this where the ticks live?Our new favorite beach! Its just a few minutes from our house. The state threatened to close it down with these last budget cuts, but I guess they settled for M's old job instead. Which he still has to do because they (the people who cut him) realized they can't function at all without him. So they call him every few days with questions and asking for help and needing clarification. And the feds want to pay him to finish writing the reports from data he collected with them for many years. But he is not allowed to because it would be "a conflict of interest." Which really makes me mad because they uprooted my entire life and family and forced me to move far away from everything I love and now they need to HIRE someone to do his old job. And my poor husband is working nights and weekends UNPAID. But I digress...

Isn't she pretty?