Monday, October 19, 2009

Homeschool Day at the Zoo

Today the kids and I spent the day at the Woodland Park Zoo. They had special workshops for homeschoolers; we signed up for the owl class. I of course could not sit through a class that asked the audience members to remain still in order to not scare the owl, so F and I waited outside.

The absolute best part of today was this:The look on IJ's face when he got to see his first live snow leopard.Here is the mama and one of her cubs. And this is the two of them staring at F, who was screaming because I wouldn't let her out of the stroller (what can I say, she is starting those terrible two's):This was E's favorite animal, a komodo dragon:S's favorite animal, a giraffe:And mine, the hippo: I just about died when it made a hippo noise. It sounded like a laugh mixed with a stomach ache.

I did take pictures of my kids, but we always look at them. We had a great time and we only explored a small part of the zoo (each kid picked one animal to look at and we glanced at animals along the way to our destinations). We will be going back for sure!