Monday, January 3, 2011

Baba

As I mentioned before, M uses Media Monkey to organize his digital music.  The other morning he searched for the word "baba" after affectionately calling D "Baba O'Riley."  "Baba" because that is what he says and "O'Riley" for his nickname from Grandad.  These are the songs we listened to: Baba O'Riley by The Who, Babaji by Supertramp, Babalu by Yma Sumac, and Tchaikovsky's The Hut of Baba Yaga.  M would have spent hours going through his actual CD collection to find these four songs.  It took less than a second to find them with Media Monkey.

I spent too much time trying to get a video of D saying "baba" this morning.  Today is the first day of school (sorta-we did do a few things over break) and I'm supposed to stick to my plan, right?  I did!  I spent too much of my knitting time trying to get a video of D saying "baba!"  School went really well.  My three students did their math, language arts, and social studies/history.  And they went on a field trip to observe animal habitats-on the 10 acres!

Here we have Baba Fakes A Whimper:

And then we have Baba Crawls Off the Couch:

And finally, Baba sings The Isty Bitsy Spider and Gets Distracted
And for my prayer warrior friends out there, tomorrow morning Grandad is going in to have a medical procedure done that will leave him pretty down and out.  He is not a praying man himself, but he is going to need it!