Monday, January 17, 2011

Frisbee Golf

This afternoon we went to play Frisbee golf with three other homeschooling families that we know.  Two of the families are also in Cub Scouts (the third only has girls) and since we had a committee meeting last night that lasted until 10:00, it was like we never parted ways.  The weather was just right for January!  Windy, sunny, and chilly.  NO RAIN!
 S and E get ready to start. 

IJ had to stay home because of a foot injury (running barefoot in a forest is never a good idea).  Too bad for him!  I thought about keeping us all home, but after being cooped up in the house all weekend with nothing but rain, rain, rain, I thought it was a good idea to go out and get some fresh air.
 F purposely walked through the mud puddle!

S "does his best" while our Cubmaster looks on

S didn't understand how Frisbee Golf is played and was really worried about whose Frisbee went the furthest and getting "lapped."  But once I explained the game in S-ish, he got it and loved it.

 One of the goals and some of our friends
I am the only one that has younger kids and a large family.  Having friends makes taking trips like this really nice.  F got a shoulder ride from her special friend and then got to walk with another along the trails.  S was able to finish the last two "holes" with the group while I took the younger three back to the van for a snack.
It was just one of those warm, fuzzy days where I am thankful for where I am and what I have.