Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Wonderful Week: VBS

We had such a great week!  We went to Vacation Bible School all week.  And Monday we had the Annual Homeschool Field Day.  I don't have a single picture of VBS, but I have some from Field Day.
E and the Long Jump
I think VBS was the best part about the week.  Every single one of us had the best time.  I made several new friends working in the kitchen, the kids reconnected with the homeschoolers and Cub Scouts they know, and D got to hang out in the nursery without me!
S and His Best Friend
And I'm pretty sure we will be going back to this church on Sunday!  I first checked this church out last Friday, when a new homeschooling friend invited me to their women's worship night.  The music was the same from the churches back in the old town and I was immediately transported back in time...
F crosses the finish line, "I did it, Mom!"

...back to when my friend K used to encourage me to attend her church.  She always sang and clapped and smiled and had a great time during worship...and I miss her so much...and I felt the Band Aid on my heart being ripped off!  Oh, it was so painful!  I still miss my friends back at The Old Place so much!  Well, some of them.  The good ones ;)  And I decided right then and there that I was ready to surround myself with these women and start forging new friendships.
Water Balloon Toss turns to Water Balloon Fight!
Which is slightly funny because a few weeks ago I decided that I was never going to have women friends ever again because they are so fickle and go psycho at the slightest misunderstanding.  And I don't really want to waste any more of my life dealing with psycho-women.  I'd rather sew or knit.  But I don't want to waste my life missing out on great women friendships, like I have with K and C (and I know you two are reading this), either!  So there you go.  I'm still on that path, and quite a bit further, that started when I first joined that club for moms, all those long years ago.  And the journey continues...