Friday, September 30, 2011

Seasonal Art

L called and kindly reminded me I haven't blogged in a week.  Whoops.  I have no excuse (other than nothing has happened and the camera has been outside all week).

I promised the kids if they get their work done during the week, we do art on Friday.  Today we talked about the seasons, each kid picked their favorite season (which happened to be the season of their birthday), and they made a collage representing that season.

IJ did spring:

S did summer:


E did autumn:
And I did winter.  Which D promptly ruined.  The best part was when the feathers got glued to his arm and he cried.  But I hadn't located the camera yet, so I missed the photo opportunity.  I also get to clean up the mess and put everything away.
I'm always amazed how quickly they run through an art project and move on to watching The Little Mermaid.  One would think my children who dream of becoming artists would spend more time on their projects.  Especially after begging to do art all week.