Friday, September 2, 2011

Kindergarten

This is the third time I haven't had to send one of my precious children off to school on the yellow stinky school bus for their first day of Kindergarten. 
A Girl With Style
But instead of getting lots of work done like I did on IJ's first day or getting some work done like I did on S's first day we got no work done!  In fact, I have no memory of what I did on Wednesday, which was the first day of school for the locals.  My school books still haven't arrived, so we are experiencing extended summer vacation.
Although E started kindergarten early last year in our parent partnership program, she will have to remain in kindergarten until next year.  Unless I want to drive her to Bellingham and have her tested into 1st grade.  I consider this unnecessary.  She will be doing first grade math, first grade language arts, and hanging out with our history and science lessons as well (I'll expand on that in a few days)... what grade the school district has her listed as doesn't matter as long as she is learning at the appropriate level.

Now hurry up and get here, packages!